The Weather has certainly take a turn and this can play havoc with your skin. Snowy weather can have several effects on the skin, some of which are:
- Dryness: Cold temperatures and low humidity in snowy weather can cause the skin to become dry, itchy and flaky. This happens because cold air can strip the skin of its natural oils, making it more susceptible to damage.
- Chapping: Excessive exposure to cold and wind can cause the skin to become chapped and cracked. This can be particularly uncomfortable around the lips, hands and feet.
- Redness and irritation: Cold temperatures can cause the skin to become red and irritated, particularly if it is exposed to extreme cold for a long time.
The SkinBase™ Shop
Have you tried the SkinBase™ online store yet? We have a range of beauty products and gift cards.
Visit the Shop
If you are out enjoying the snow today, protect your skin with the following tips:
- Moisturise: Use a good quality moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated and prevent dryness. Look for products that contain natural ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, and hyaluronic acid.
- Wear warm clothing: Dress in layers to keep your body and skin warm. Choose fabrics that are soft and gentle on the skin like cotton, wool, or silk.
- Protect your hands and face: Wear gloves, scarves, and hats to protect your hands and face from the cold, wind, and snow.
- Use a humidifier: Indoor heating can dry out the air and lead to dry skin. Using a humidifier can add moisture to the air and help keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid hot showers: Hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause dryness. Instead, take warm showers and limit your time in the water.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
By following these tips, you can protect your skin and keep it healthy during the cold weather. Keep safe and enjoy the snow!
The SkinBase™ Beauty Guides
We’ve created a series of free beauty guides
on a range of skin conditions…
Discover the beauty guides