Halloween is a time for transformation, so what better time to get on top of your skin routine? If you are planning on making yourself up this scary season, make sure you prepare your skin for Halloween with the perfect base.
Costume makeup can take its toll on your skin. Thick and waxy, it has a greasy texture to it. Preparing your skin whenever you want to make it up is essential – but even more so if you want it to last through the Halloween celebrations. Prepare your skin for Halloween by following our top tips.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion for the Skin
To create a smooth even base, exfoliate to get rid of any dead skin, oil and bacteria. The best way to do this is with SkinBase Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a great way to rejuvenate skin and prepare your skin for Halloween. A fine stream of tiny crystals jets over the skin while a gentle vacuum lifts away all the dirt and grime. This motion unclogs pores and stimulates collagen production – leaving you with a smooth and radiant complexion.
Have a pre-Halloween MD treatment so you can trick or treat with confidence.
Top Tips for Halloween Skin Prep
- Apply a primer as a protective base. Make sure the primer is compatible with the makeup you’re using.
- Use non-comedogenic makeup – you don’t want clogged pores after Halloween. Beware of special effects makeup – few products use skin-friendly ingredients.
- Make sure you use recommended skin-friendly glues and remove adhesives safely. Don’t pull them off, rather peel slowly and carefully.
- Whatever you do, wash it all off before bed. It may be tempting to jump straight into bed – but don’t! There is nothing scarier than sleeping in your makeup. Instead, double cleanse to make sure there are no remnants on your skin before sleep time. You will wake up glowing rather than ghostly.
- Focus on hydrating and moisturising your skin afterwards.
Prepare your skin for Halloween by focusing on your spook-tacular skin’s base – or you could wake up looking like the walking dead!